Seeking a strong candidate who is not afraid of hard work, possesses initiative to get the job done and can repair, maintain and replace grinder and submersible pumps to work in our Duluth North Shore location. PeopleService will provide on-the-job training and assist in becoming certified in the field of water/wastewater.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid driver’s license with clean record.
- Strong mechanical & electrical skills to repair related equipment – grinders & submersible pumps.
- Required to live within a 10-30 minute response time.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to prioritize the workload.
- Knowledge of computer operation and Microsoft Office products – Outlook, Excel & Word.
- Able to work weekends and on-call based on a rotating schedule; therefore, must have the ability to respond to after-hour emergencies.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills using tact and diplomacy when needed, as well as the ability to be concise.
- Class D Water certification.
- Class D Wastewater certification.
- Less than 1-year experience in water/wastewater, AS degree in a WET program can substitute for experience.
- Experience responding to service-type calls.
- 13 miles of force main
- 2 main pumping stations
- 360 grinder pump stations